I’m a huge fan of conferences. As a music professional, I attended them on the yearly basis to further my musical knowledge, connect with fellow musicians, receive continuing education credits, or accompany students who were performing. But what I found at Haven Conference 2015 was a bit different than what I was used to.
Since I resigned as a music teacher and took on the job of full time mother, I’ve not seen many conferences for moms advertised. If they are out there, awesome…. I imagine them to have vendors with diaper packs for you to sample, sippy cup demonstrations, home remedies for teething, and the list goes on. With or without the kids in tow, I imagine it to be nothing like the treat that awaited me in Atlanta.
Haven Conference 2015 was unlike any conference that I have ever attended. Every where I went, whether in the lobby or in a small room, there was beauty.
Beauty in getting pegged on the subway by a veteran Haven attendee who immediately befriended a newbie and showed her the ropes. http://www.signaturefinishesgrafton.com/
Beauty in how the furniture and end tables in the lounge are were decorated above and beyond the hotel standard decor that I wanted to take home to my living room.
Beauty in the way someone put glitter on huge letters that spelled HAVEN and every time I passed them I felt like I had found people who love glitter as much as I do.
Beauty in the attitude of each presenter who went out of their way to encourage you and share as much knowledge as they could during their session.
Beauty in discovering that successful “star” bloggers at the peak of their game are still humble enough to pose for pictures with people they don’t know (repeatedly) but treat you as if you are a dear friend.
Beauty in one presenter actually giving me her cell phone number before the conference because I had reached out and asked about consulting.
Beauty in riding the elevator down to breakfast with another “star” blogger and realizing that you have friends in common because they took the time to get to know a “newbie”.
Beauty in meeting vendors who listened to your passion and then gave ideas or suggestions about how they could join you in your journey.
Beauty in sitting with HGTV Beach Flip contestants and getting to chat about their experiences on the show and know that when you watched future episodes, you were rooting for friends.
Beauty in meeting ladies and gentlemen who shared a similar passions as you press on to improve your blog with people who will partner, encourage, and inspire.
Beauty in realizing that after two days that you would walk away with a handful of genuine close friends.
- These girls saved seats for you at meals
- Let you store your luggage in their room so you didn’t have to drag it around http://www.wildwoodvale.com/
- Clued you in to vital information that somehow you missed before flying to Atlanta
- Introduced you to the “newbies” coordinator who was famous at the newbie party http://www.architectureofamom.com/
- Helped you understand technology http://twinstripe.com/
- Raved about products and vendors which made you want to visit specific booths
- Shared notes from classes you didn’t attend http://ourlittletinies.blogspot.com/
- Picked up materials you left behind
- Introduced you to other Haven conference attendees http://www.prettypracticalhome.com/
- Sat with you at sessions http://www.huntandhost.net/
- Discovered that you had theater contacts in common http://www.smartgirlsdiy.com/
- Gave you their really, really cool tools from Ryobi because they saw your excitement over a lamp http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/
- Laughed with you over silly poses and men in togas who gave chocolate to desperate moms
- And shared their hearts at the end of each day
Haven Conference 2015 was a wonderful experience. I am already planning to attend Haven 2016 not just for the fabulous sessions and amazing ideas that I gained, but for another chance to connect with these amazing ladies and meet more future friends.
Click the Pink button for the FREE ULTIMATE Home Improvement Checklist to help with your DIY Home Improvement & Decor Projects.
CLICK the pink button NOW please..